Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A good cause.

So I went to work on Monday and was talking to my boss about this woman she saw at a leadership conference.  Her name is Mother Maggie of Cairo and her story was so powerful I felt a little sad afterwards, not sad for Mother Maggie, but for the fact that there are some of us who give our lives to helping people, and some of us who live to help ourselves.  I mainly (sad to say) place myself in the latter position, and it is not something to be proud of.  At all.  While all of these thoughts are haunting my head, the Flight and Pattern store is launching and I am trying to see where the two meet.  I decided to try to make a small difference in my own sphere of influence.  So, for every purchase made in my etsy shop, 10% of the proceeds will be donated to unicef to help the mothers and children in Africa.  The famine going on in the drought-affected communities of Kenya as well as other areas is completely decimating the youth in the region.  So here we go, it's not much, but it's something.  More to come

No comments:

Post a Comment